Wednesday 30 January 2013

The importance of shoes.

My bootcamp started again, yay! Given the condition of my toes, I haven't been able to attend all the sessions I should be but on Tuesday night I did manage to make it. For each 12 week challenge, there are 4 different mini challenges which we repeat a total of three times. This means there is a challenge a week! This Tuesday it was "Death By Cardio" and it involves completing as many different running levels as possible. They are set out so that level 1 = 1km, level 2 = 2km etc. You must complete level 1 and level 2 and then you can continue onto which ever level you please. This must be completed within 50 minutes!
I was really nervous about my toes and my deceased fitness level but I just ran. I ran with a lovely bunch of girls who recently joined our big group and it was nice to help them along (they helped me lots as well!) I managed to complete level 1, level 2 and then level 2 again within 43 minutes which is a total of 5kms. This is way slower than usual for me but I had to stop and walk quite a bit due to my sore feet. In the rush to get there in time I couldn't find my runners so I just wore a pair of sneakers which are not intended for exercise. BIG MISTAKE!! I've really injured my ankles and still can't walk properly. I've learnt my lesson but I've also regained some excitement to exercise! Hopefully I'll be there at 6am on Friday ready to go!

In the last few days I've also begun planning a month long trip to Cambodia in December. In January 2012, I went to Cambodia for a week and helped to build a house in a village. It was really hard work and that was the moment that I realised how unfit I was. When I came back home from that trip, I began exercise and I'm so glad that I found it. I hope that from now until my next trip, I can really build up my fitness levels. I'm sure I'll be able to tell the difference when I arrive in December!

No comments:

Post a Comment