Monday 7 January 2013

Day 7 - 1 down 51 to go!

So I've made it to a week of blogging. I know it doesn't sound like much but for a person that has never kept a personal diary for more than a few days and doesn't keep journals, I'm pretty proud of myself.
I'll admit, over the past week my eating hasn't been amazing (although I have kept it 95% gluten free) so this is one thing I need to start improving on.

Last year when I decided I wanted to lose weight I started trying all these diets and 'Clean Eating' was the one I stuck with the longest. In theory, it's a great idea - the aim of the diet is to only eat totally natural, mostly raw foods which are high in good fats, protein, complex carbs and low in simple carbs. Unfortunately though, these diets are often taken to extremes. The whole concept of 'clean foods' means that there must be 'dirty foods' which is totally incorrect. Yes, there are foods that have no nutritional benefit to you whatsoever (salt and vinegar chips for example) but I believe that if you lead a healthy lifestyle these types of foods can be enjoyed in moderation. Personally, I'd much rather eat wholesome nutritious foods 90% of the time, have a treat occasionally, enjoy my life and lose 10kg over an entire year than being 100% strict for 3 months, lose the weight but be uphappy.

No comments:

Post a Comment