Thursday 3 January 2013

Day 3 - Juice fail

So I woke early this morning, ready to make my first green juice. It was going to be amazing, it would make me feel energetic throughout the day! In reality it was a brown mess that smelt like freshly mowed grass. Clearly I've done something wrong here.... Apparently green smoothies work best with citrus (mine had berries and mango) so perhaps I'll try again tomorrow with some orange and lemon!

Recently I've been thinking a lot about my career I want to have when I eventually finish my studies. What I really want to do with my life is work in Borneo with orangutans to help figure out how we can conserve the species and the natural habitat which they live in. This means that for a lot of the time, I'll be wandering through dense rainforest in extreme humidity. I would not be able to do that at my current fitness level. This is what I need to use as motivation to increase my fitness.

Tomorrow is a busy day for me - start work at 7.30am, finish at 5.30pm and then have a family dinner straight after. Let's see if I can fit a blog into that day!!


No comments:

Post a Comment